As of noon on Saturday, July 29, 2017, the Waterford Green Party has endorsed nine candidates for the 2017 municipal elections: one for each board with an opening. More information about our candidates can be found below, and you can see a full list of the candidates that will appear on the ballot from each party here.
Kevin Kelly - Board of Finance
Deb Roselli Kelly - Board of Education
Michael Buscetto III - Board of Assessment Appeals
Billy Gene Collins - Zoning Board of Appeals
Darcy Van Ness - Zoning Board of Appeals Alternate
Andrew Frascarelli - RTM District 2
Andrew has spent his life living and working in the town of Waterford. He wishes to see the town continue to grow and prosper, and he is driven by the potential opportunity to play a positive role in its future. Andrew is currently an undergraduate student of music at the University of Connecticut. His passion for his studies neither differs nor detracts from his desire to help Waterford and its constituents. His campaign as a District 1 RTM candidate will focus on:
- Maintaining and continuing to develop an effective and well-rounded system of education.
- Promoting effective, economical measures for the improvement and conservation of the environment.
- Improvements made to local infrastructure.
- Encouraging greater public discourse and involvement in government.
Baird Welch-Collins - RTM District 2
Baird is a lifelong Waterford resident and an active member of the community. Baird is an appointed member of Waterford's Flood and Erosion Control Board, a Justice of the Peace, a government major at Connecticut College, the Co-Chair of the Green Party of Waterford, CT, and the Co-chair of the Green Party of Connecticut. His 2017 campaign for District 2 RTM will:
- Prioritize the importance of maintaining fiscal responsibility while encouraging the growth of a local, small-business economy.
- Demand adequate resources and support systems for Waterford's first responders.
- Protect Waterford's public spaces and unique coastal environment.
- Bring a future-focused approach to Waterford's municipal government that encourages transparency and public participation.
Joshua Steele Kelly - RTM District 3
Josh is a public servant from Waterford, CT. He is a recent graduate of Wheaton College (MA), having his received his Bachelor of Arts in political science in 2017, and he will complete his Master of Public Administration at the University of Connecticut in the Spring of 2019. He has dedicated his life to service, having been elected as an alternate to the Waterford Zoning Board of Appeals in 2015, appointed as an alternate to the Waterford Conservation Commission in 2016, and appointed as a Justice of the Peace in 2017. Josh hopes to have your vote on November 7, 2017, and invites you to learn more about him, his background, his work outside of politics, and his position on the issues on his website.
Carl D'Amato - RTM District 4
Do you have questions for our candidates? Leave your information and your question, and we'll get back to you within 24 hours!